Homemade Banana and Almond-Butter Ice cream
Nothing beats homemade food especially when its a simple mouth-watering healthy and scrumptious recipe like this one!
Homemade Banana and Almond Butter ice cream is for you if you know the value of freshly made food that is preservative free and has no artificial flavors in it.
This recipe reached me through Umme Aimen Kazmi and she learnt it from her sister Ummul Banned Kazmi. I had to post it here! Thanks for the photos that made me drool Aimen and for writing down the recipe for the readers :).
I bought dozens of Bananas to try this today. You should also give it a try. I am sure you will love it!
- Few Sliced Bananas
- Any flavor (e.g. Honey, Cocoa, Coffee etc)
- Handful of Nuts
- Freeze a few sliced bananas and process them in the chopper until the consistency is that of soft ice cream.
- Add any flavor you want. Honey, cinnamon, cocoa, coffee, coconut, condensed milk, strawberries, Oreos you name it!
- Process it and freeze overnight.
- Take a handful of nuts and process them in the chopper until they become 'buttery'.
- You can add some oil and salt for a peanut butter like taste or make yummy combos like walnut + honey + cinnamon or almonds and raisins!
- Great tasting, preservative free substitute for regular butter, jams and fattening store bought peanut butter!
- Don't make a whole lot of nut butter in one go since it won't keep in the fridge for longer then a week.