Recipe: Bell Pepper Nachos
I am enjoying my daily harvest of bell peppers and salad leaves. These yellow banana peppers are vibrant addition to not only my garden but also to my plate. Yellow peppers contain 305 % vitamin C which is why it must not be over cooked.
Here is a fun recipe using that I loved.
- 2 bell peppers
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Clove
- Spring Onions
- 1 Table spoon of garlic powder
- 1 Table spoon of Paprika
- 1 Table spoon of Red chili powder
- 1/2 Table spoon of Cumin powder
- 1/2 Table spoon of Oregano
- 1/2 Table spoon of Crushed black pepper
- 1 cup of cooked and shredded chicken
- Heat a pan and add a dash of olive oil.
- Add finely chopped garlic clove and spring onions.
- Keep stirring while you add a tsp of garlic powder, paprika or red chili powder, salt, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp of oregano and crushed black pepper.
- Add a cup of cooked and shredded chicken.
- Toss well.
- Make a slit in two bell peppers and remove all the seeds.
- Carefully fill each pepper with chicken mixture.
- Top with olives and cilantro.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- Serve it with brown rice or with a salad.
- I made my salad using some mix salad leaves, dried tomatoes and parsley.
Growing your own vegetables makes your food so much more special. Grow your own food!