Recipe: Chicken-and-Broccoli florets with Garden Salad
I love eating raw vegetables especially the ones from my organic kitchen garden. These scrumptious vegetables fill my plates with color, flavor and unbeatable freshness!
Here is what my lunches usually look like. Cooked fish, chicken or beans with fresh salad. This simple recipe is packed with nutrients and will charge you with energy and brightness!
- Clove of garlic
- Broccoli Florets
- Cup of Chicken Strips
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Combine a tsp of soya, 1/2 tsp vinegar, salt and red chili powder in a bowl.
- Add a cup of chicken strips to the mixture.
- Mix well and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or a basic non stick pan.
- Drizzle a tsp of olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook for two mins and keep stirring.
- Add finely chopped onions, a clove of garlic and a little ginger.
- Mix well.
- When the chicken is almost done, add broccoli florets.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
The idea of making a garden salad is to simply go out in your kitchen garden, pick your fresh produce and combine to make a colorful and flavorful salad!
Since I grow several varieties of leaf lettuce, its always fun to try a new type or to experiment with a blend.
I picked some “Fizz” lettuce leaves, ” Black seeded simpson” lettuce leaves, red pear tomatoes, bell peppers and some red cabbage.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Chop cabbage finely
- Use cherry tomatoes as whole
- Use your hands to tear the lettuce leaves
- Squeeze a lemon
- Add some salt and you have your very simple and fresh salad!
If you love your vegetables then grow them at home and make them as pure as possible by not using any chemicals on them.
Join our community for more inspiration and ideas.